Sunday, May 2, 2010

T-Shirt Makin'

The 5th grade has an art club, we meet twice a month after school for 45 minutes. We haven't accomplished much this year, next year I will be better prepared. I honestly didn't know where to begin at first. So far we've made Artist Trading Cards, signs for yearbook sales (I'm not going to waste their time like that next year!), photography, button making (for fundraising), and softies. Softies are those cute adorable felt dolls that have taken over the world.

The past two meetings we've been designing our T-Shirts. I threw a bunch of paint at them, some stencils, and showed them how to make nifty stamps out of cardboard, rubber bands, puzzle pieces and styrofoam pieces. They went crazy mad with creating. I loved how the shirts turned out. They get to wear them on Fridays in order to show off their mad artist skills. Here are a few of their creations.





2 comments:

  1. I stopped by your interesting blog today. What fun you must have.
    Ann
    Ann Summerville
    Cozy In Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann, we do have some fun!

    ReplyDelete