Friday, June 25, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

So, I was supposed spend my summer making art, creating, nurturing my artist within. A gift to myself...the gift of creating. I could draw, sew, paint, photograph, work on altered books, do anything I wanted. I was going to do it up. And I did for about a week. Then I did something like adopt a dog. A beautiful black puppy, whom I adore. She and Abbey have become my shadows. I have no peace! Every hour I walk her outside, I play with her, I try to teach her tricks, I try to get her potty trained. It's like having a toddler! A furry toddler. So here I go again. I'm trying to focus on me...not on her...

despite these adorable puppy dog eyes.

3 comments:

  1. Oh...but she's soooooooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently got a puppy that looks just like yours, except he has reddish brown fur. Do you know what the mix of breeds is?

    joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say she's a schnauzer, carin terrier mix. Maybe some scotty or silky terrier. Congrats on the new addition.

    ReplyDelete