Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fabric Addiction



I went shopping for some fabric for a quilt that I will soon be making. I've been wanting to learn how to quilt for a couple of years now and finally found someone who has the patience to work with me. I'm a very slow and unsure learner. She's great with me and she knows her stuff.

Let me tell you when I walked into Cabbage Rose I was so overwhelmed by the choices that I almost bolted for the door, ha ha get it? bolt? I'd grab a bolt of fabric that I liked, put it back, grab another, put it back...well, you get the picture. 45 minutes later I finally found some cool stuff that fit my budget and made my way to the counter. As I got to the counter I realized I'd missed a whole section of fabrics...almost put the stuff down to spend more of my time looking but fought the urge. I could totally see myself becoming a fabric addict. There are so many cool prints out there, such wonderful eye candy. How can I ignore all the beauty that surrounds me? I want to take it all home and make millions of little quilts.

Anyway, in my attempt to stay creative I am taking on quilting. I hope I learn how to work my sewing machine soon. I'm kind of frightened by it. We shall see how it goes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment