Sunday, January 9, 2011

More Daily Doodle!

I'm fed up with researching new lessons for kindergarten.  I have no idea what to do with them next week. Instead of exhausting myself I thought I would post the newest pictures from the last weeks daily doodle.  Please to enjoy...Drawing panthers...RRRAWWWR!

Original Gansta, hence the star neck tattoo .

OMG watch out for giant rectangle panthers!

Dude!  If you'd look down you'd have lunch already.

Is that a panther eating a person? 

Hey panther bird, I don't know what they're doing either.

You're really not scaring me Mr. Zero.

Best cheetah ever!

Stick Lion!  Love it!

These panthers have two tickets to the gun show.

DJ Jazzy Panther iz in the hizzouse, boooyeeeee.

Wow, look at those muscles.  Is he aware of the spider above his head?

So cute I can't stand it!

Hi!  I'd stay away from that road if I were you.

I didn't know panthers could wear flip flops.  That's gotta be hard.

So sweet my teeth hurt!  I want to make this panther into a doll so I can snuggle it.

The cloud footed panther.

5 comments:

  1. Your captions crack me up! I was having the same problem with my kinder/ pre-k lesson plans, and then I read on someone's blogabout art centers. So last week I decided to give it a try. I have at least 26 students and sometimes up to 31 since we get a whole class and a 1/3 of another. It's super hard to get all those little one's attention for more than 5 minutes! Sometimes I have an aide, but half the time I don't.

    So my art centers are: playdough center, drawing/painting center, spelling/letter center,and a block center. I put all the supplies in tubs and pass the centers, instead of letting all those little ones get up at and moving around at the same time. I had to make sure and go over all the "center" rules and procedures throughly before we began. All of the Art TEKS are covered in the activities, except the letter center. I give them foam letters, a piece of felt and flashcards with their site words on them and they practice spelling. Their homeroom teachers love me for this! Anyhoo, the centers have been a success so far and I am not frantically picking my brain trying to figure out what I am going to do with them next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to use centers for kindergarten. It sounds like we have the same amount of kids. I have 1 & 1/2 classes. I think I'm going to totally do this. Thanks Taramarie88!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same issue coming up with kinder lessons that are not messy and I can do with my 30+ student classes. I went and got the book "Over in the Meadow". It is a counting book with different animals. There a ton of versions of the book but I found one with simple illustrations. Each week I read them the book and sing the little song (found on youtube) and then we do a project linked to one of the animals in the book. The kids are loving it. They are learning the song and we will sing it for their teacher when we are done with all ten animals. 10 weeks of lesson ready to go. Just show them how to draw a simple version of the animal and choose the media you want to add color with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea Mrs. Art Teacher! They love, love, love guided drawings. I'm looking up that book right now!

    ReplyDelete