Saturday, January 1, 2011

Some Resolutions

I have a few resolutions this year.  I hope I can stick to at least two of them.  I'd like to think I'd do them all, but let's be realistic here.  I'm kind of lazy.  I usually don't make resolutions due to the fact that I hate to set myself up for failure.  Let's see how well I do this year.

1.  I need to start taking care of myself.  I'm not in my 20s anymore and almost out of my 30s.  It's time to let go of all the bad things and welcome the good.  Exercising is a must.  Eating healthy is too.  I'm going to miss fast and fried foods.


2. Find a church.  Since Bishop Iker stole my home church I need to find another one.  I've been lazy about since I hate going by myself to new places.  This year I will find my sweet Episcopal Church.
3. Stella & I will work our tushes off in order to train her for Paws Across Texas.  She will pass her Good Canine Citizenship test and she will pass her evaluation with flying colors.  Her training starts in February.  I have faith in her and can't wait for her to help comfort those who need her.  I will not let her down!
4. I will love more and bitch less.  Life is too short to be Mrs. Grumpypants.
5. I will go to more shows.  I miss music, it was such a big part of my life.  I cut it out because I became such a homebody.  Not anymore, maybe.

6. I will go on more road trips.  I will not be afraid to go by myself.  I'll take my camera, fill up on gas and take off.  I didn't go on one last year and it totally bummed me out.



7. I will ride again.  I LOVED riding and miss being around horses. I'm going to locate a stable and ride again, I don't care if I'm the oldest person in the arena.  I'm going to do it!

8.  I can't believe how lucky I am to live in a city with the most awesome art museums; The Kimbell, The Amon Carter, The Fort Worth Modern Art Museum, Sid Richardson.  I have these awesome museums yet I never go to the lectures they offer.  What the heck is wrong with me?  My goal this year is to attend one lecture a month.
9.  Another thing I miss is Life Drawing.  I was feeling pretty confident in myself as an artist when I was taking this class, then it was over and I stopped drawing.  I'm going to become a member of the Community Arts Center and take the life drawing classes again.  I'm not going to worry about not knowing anyone and I'm not going to care what people think of my drawings.  I'm doing this for me!
10. I'm going to take it slow.  No more frazzled, frenzied and stressed out  I've got to do everything art teacher.  I'm going at my own pace and I'm not going to stress over it.  If I'm not stressed then my students wont be either.  We're going to enjoy art class.


11. I'm not going to quit quilting.  Even if I'm uber frustrated.  I'm going to complete 6 quilts before the year is up.  I will not let it beat me.

OK, I've got my work cut out for me.  I'm aiming to accomplish at least 3 of them.  Come on 2011 don't let me down.  So what are your new years resolutions?

3 comments:

  1. Wow I didn't realize we were both in the metroplex! I have been wanting and Art Teaching position in Fort Worth. So if any of your collegues are thinking about retiring or quitting let me know please!

    Oh my New Year's Resolutions are very similar to yours, exercise, eat better, teach my dog some manners (I'm sure your's already has some), and make more art for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taramarie88 ~ We have a lot in common from reading your blog. It's my 3rd year teaching too, and I did my internship in Middle & High School. We're twinzies, except that we aren't! My suggestion is to put in an application at the fwisd website and contact Beverly Fletcher in the visual arts department. We have a wonderful program here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just now saw this reply, I wish they had a notification alert when someone comments after you, sorta like facebook, except I deleted my facebook because I was becoming somewhat of an addict...now I have replaced that addiction with my blog addicition. At least it's a little healthier addicition! And yes we are like twinzies! I guess I usually have the sound off but I just realized we have the same taste in music too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete