Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fort Worth Modern Art Camp

I was watching the news today and all of the sudden I see one of my students on TV!  I was like..."WHAT THE?"  Our local Channel 5 news did a quick little story on the Fort Worth Modern Art Museum's Spring Break Art Camp.  Only a few schools are chosen for this free program and South Hills was one of the chosen ones.  It was my very difficult job to select four outstanding little artists (3rd & 4th Grades) for the program.  It was not an easy task.  The four students join other students at the Modern to learn about art, the museum, and they have the awesome opportunity to make art with visiting local artists.  It's a great program, and so much fun!  The Modern does so much for our FWISD students, I can't thank them enough.  The student who is "an expert at drawing things that are good" is my 3rd grader, he is really super talented.  I'm so proud!  Again, I have to say this...ART MAKES A DIFFERENCE!

Here's the clip...

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Student-Experience-Art-on-Spring-Break-118204489.html

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I bet you are so proud! Your student is cute, he reminds me of my cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's an awesome student to have, so talented and quick witted!

    ReplyDelete