Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sandwich Monsters

My 3rd grade classes have been all kinds of mixed up due to preparing for TAKS testing.  So I stole, (that's what art teachers do, steal right?)  an idea from http://www.artprojectsforkids.org/.  BTW, I owe my 3 years of success to Kathy Barbro.  I could not have done it without you and your awesome ideas! So anyway, I saw that she had a doodle book for kids and one of the doodles was a piece of bread, or what looked like a drawing of a piece of bread.  So I decided I would do this for one day instead of wasting a day on free drawing.   I drew a piece of bread on the Promethean Board and had the students extend or morph the drawing into something, essentially they had to use their imaginations to finish the drawing.  The results were hysterical!  The kids LOVED drawing bread.  I think I might go ahead and do this for all of 3rd grade just for the fact that they had so much fun creating their little sandwich monsters. 

Might I suggest that you buy the workbook instead of stealing like myself.  In my defense I will be purchasing the doodle book during the summer...this was just a quick fix for a dire situation.  I really am a good person!!!

Cute little tomatoes, angry big toothy bread monster.

I come in dancing!

She didn't get to finish her cupcakes.

Bread getting hit by air traffic.

Justin Bieber lovin', singing in the shower, hairy, feet stinking bread being interrupted by wife bread who has to tinkle.

Cute human watching bread being attacked by giant cutlery.

Calculator eating a sandwich.

Everyone loves a dancing piece of bread!

Toasted.

There are so many things I love about this drawing...so many awesome things.

Did that pickle faint?

2 comments:

  1. Too cute. I always enjoy the stories in your kids' drawings! What imagination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have that kind of imagination! Thanks for the comment!!

    ReplyDelete