Wednesday, June 8, 2011

12 Days Before School's Out

To the tune of 12 days of Christmas...

On the first day before school's out,
my students gave to me
A billion little love notes just for me.

On the second day before school's out,
my students gave to me
2 long stem roses,

  and a billion little love notes for me.

On the third day before school's out,
my students gave to me,
puke in my classroom,
(no photo, use your imagination)
two long stem roses,
and a billion little love notes just for me.

On the fourth day before school's out,
my students gave to me,
paint on my sidewalk,
puke in my classroom,
two long stem roses,
and a billion little love notes just for me.

On the fifth day before school's out,
my students gave to me,
one wire scorpion,
paint on my sidewalk, 
puke in my classroom,
two long stem roses,
and a billion little love notes just for me.

On the sixth day before school's out,
my students gave to me
one middle finger,
one wire scorpion,
paint on my sidewalk,
puke in my classroom,
two long stem roses,
and a billion little love notes just for me.

On the seventh day before school's out,
my students gave to me,
two 1st grade meltdowns,
one middle finger,
one wire scorpion,
paint on my sidewalk,
puke in my classroom,
two long stem roses,
and a billion little love notes just for me.

On the eighth day before school's out,
my students gave to me,
four 5th grade infractions,
two 1st grade meltdowns,
one middle finger,
one wire scorpion,
paint on my sidewalk,
puke in my classroom,
two long stem roses,
and a billion little love notes just for me.

On the ninth day before school's out,
my students gave to me,
two consecutive field days,
four 5th grade infractions,
two 1st grade meltdowns,
one middle finger,
one wire scorpion,
paint on my sidewalk,
puke in my classroom,
two long stem roses,
 and a billion little love notes just for me.

On the tenth day before school's out,
my students gave to me,
one dieing birdie,
two consecutive field days,
four 5th grade infractions,
two 1st grade meltdowns,
one middle finger,
one wire scorpion,
paint on my sidewalk,
puke in my classroom,
two long stem roses,
and a billion little love notes just for me.

On the eleventh day before school's out,
my students gave to me,
lots of hugs and high fives,
one dieing birdie,
two consecutive field days,
four 5th grade infractions,
two 1st grade meltdowns,
one middle finger,
one wire scorpion,
paint on my sidewalk,
puke in my classroom,
two long stem roses,
and a billion little love notes just for me.


On the twelfth day before school's out,
my students gave to me,
crumpled art in trash cans,
lots of hugs and high-fives,
one dieing birdie,
two consecutive field days,
four 5th grade infractions,
two 1st grade meltdowns,
one middle finger,
one wire scorpion,
paint on my sidewalk,
puke in my classroom,
two long stem roses,
and a billion little love notes just for me!

3 comments:

  1. Too cute. You must have had fun writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I know this is an older posting of this page, but I was wondering if you knew how the wire scorpion was made? Possible directions would be great as my husband makes wire jewelery
    my email is jennifer_mello2003@yahoo.com or you can text me on my cerll at 1-207-509-8699

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a gift from a student. I uave no idea how itbwas made. Sorry.

      Delete