Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Brand Spankin' New Art Room!!

 Well, I was hoping I'd come back to school to a brand new finished art room, but I'm not.  It's got lots of work to go, but it should be finished by the end of the first week of school.  I walked in for the first time yesterday and almost cried.  It's going to be awesome.  It's HUGE!!!!!!  It has natural light, it has storage space...even a storage room.  YES!  A storage room!  A place where I put my art materials, that's not just lined up against a wall in boxes!  I know, right?  I'll even have a sink, with running water!  RUNNING WATER!  I won't have to lug buckets of water to my room or lug tons of brushes to the teachers lounge to clean.  The best part is I have a separate room especially for a kiln!  I heard that I got the kiln installed today!  YAY!  No more model magic!  I can use real clay and real glazes...of course I've got to get money to buy that stuff, hopefully I can convince someone to give me some money.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.  I've been so envious of the teachers who have already finished their beautiful rooms, I really wish I could get started.  The anticipation is KILLLLLLINNNG ME!!!!

Waiting is fine.  Even if I have to wait a week, or two weeks even.  It beats being stuffed into a tiny half portable.  Thank you God!!!  You have been good to this small art teacher!

If you visually delete the people and all the other random stuff, you will find it's a really awesome art room.

I see some bean bag chairs, a nice little rug, a reading lamp and some good books begging to live in the corner.

Kiln made out of insulation...just kidding, it's my kiln room.

A place for my art materials to live.


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your room!!! You deserve it!

    Hey, a question for you: is there a way for a reader to turn off the music? It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I'm on the couch in the living room and my hubby is watching TV and suddenly this music starts playing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The player is located at the bottom of my page. You can pause it or turn the volume down on it. I've been meaning to remove it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I am so jealous.. I currently teach in a room (that I share with someone who does not teach art) that has no storage closet OR a sink! So I hear ya! I even have paper that is too large to fit in any kind of drawer, so it half hangs off of my counter, oy... but it's those challenges with being a materials based class that make the days more... worth it? Especially to see that we STILL can manage and make great student work :), yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I know how you feel as I too received a "new" remodeled art room this fall. It's not as big as yours but I have great storage, a separate kiln room and tons of supplies! Let's celebrate by having a glass of water floats your boat and say YIPPEE!(ps. I have TWO SINKS!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete