Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Absence

It's been a hard summer and haven't felt like blogging.  With the loss of a friend to cancer and almost losing my therapy dog to a snake bite, you can imagine my reluctance to blog.  But I'm starting to come around.  I even started to research new ideas for this upcoming year...thanks to pintrest.  I also started being creative.  Crazy I know, an art teacher being creative?  No way!  Way!  Instead of stewing in sorrow, I figured I could do something with my time.  So I've dabbled in quilting blocks, dabbled in painting, dabbled in making a spotify playlist, and started Stella back into visiting hospice and her favorite nursing home.  I should be back to my old self by the time school starts.  Which isn't too far away.  Where the heck did time go?  Slow your roll summer, geeze!  So here are a few things I have been working on.

I made a zombie family for my friend's bachelorette veil.  Fun times.




It's been a while since I've painted.  It's my Stella!

This is going in my classroom.  I think the kids will like it.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry about your friend - glad you are using your creativity to move forward. Your quilt squares are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phyl. I need to crank out some more quilt squares before summer's end. It was my first time with paper piecing. Not as hard as I thought it would be.

      Delete
  2. Jodi,

    I am glad you are moving on with your creative journey after your loss. I am so impressed with the Stella paintings. You have quite a talent. I wish you peace and enjoy the rest of your summer.

    :)Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's wonderful that you're doing your own art therapy and have found that it's getting you through this difficult time. We all need a bit of that at times. I love the Stella "Blue Dog" paintings. Please take care and have a peaceful rest of the summer. Cynthia S.

    ReplyDelete