Friday, December 14, 2012

Olive the Other Reindeer (Kindergarten)

Someone gifted me the most awesome gift EVER!  Olive!!!  I love Olive, you have no idea.  I watch that movie at least twice a year since its creation...and yes I'm 40.  There's something about the artist's style (J. Otto Seibold) that I can't get enough of.  Love his work.   I brought her to my classroom and hardly anyone knew who she was.  Shocking, I know! I had no choice but to introduce her by showing my kindergarten class "Olive the Other Reindeer" on Tumblebooks.  They loved her!

After they took the online quiz (Tumblebooks has those along with the book) I passed out papers, pencils, and crayons and demonstrated on the board how to draw her as they drew along with me.  We had very little time left in class to finish them, but man, they are ADORABLE!  So proud of my little kinders, they are FANTASTIC little artists. 

Olive next to the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.









I think this is supposed to look like Santa's Sleigh and not a skate ramp.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Olive!!! I show that movie to my students every year and they love it too! I wish I had an Olive like yours! Jealous!

    :)Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have granted you an award! Please stop and visit my blog for the details!

    ReplyDelete