Monday, August 4, 2014

The Cleaning Begins

I got my keys to the classroom last week.  I am very overwhelmed at the disorganization of the art room.  There is so much stuff, mostly abandoned student artwork and tons of supplies that are over 20 years old.  So far I've spent 8 hours tossing stuff and cleaning/organizing.  It's going to take some time, hopefully I'll be done before school starts.  I really need to start figuring out what I'm doing this year, lol!  Good grief!



Can't wait to use this once I get the stuff cleared off it!

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine how overwhelming this is, been there! Actually my room looks similar at the end of every summer because the cleaning staff takes everything out to clean but just dumps it back in! And of course my kids aren't allowed in to help me so I can't come before school starts, and then we have terrible meetings every day ....but yet I'm supposed to get it all ready!
    I'm your newest follower - love for you to check out my blog and follow if you like what you see :)
    This Old Art Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds about right for an art teacher. I love those meetings we have to sit through that have absolutely NOTHING to do with us. But we all have to do it, I suppose. I am now following your blog and ADORE the kinder Statue of Liberty lesson! Have a great upcoming year!

      Delete